Saturday 10 May 2014

Don't Look Back by Jennifer L Armentrout Review!


21097442
 Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide   Goodreads_icon_32x32

Title : Don't Look Back
Author : Jennifer L Armentrout
Pages : 368
Published : April 10th 2014
Publisher : Hodder & Stoughton
Source : Netgalley

My breath caught and I dropped the letter, scuttling back on the bed. Heart racing, I closed my eyes, but I could still
see the words… 

Samantha Franco has the perfect life. Until, that is, she and her best friend Cassie disappear and only
Samantha resurfaces… with no knowledge of what happened. 

And Cassie stays missing. Gradually, Samantha begins to piece together her 
memories of that night. If she can do that, she may yet be able to save 
her friend. And, little by little, something begins to emerge…


Then she gets the note.

Don't look back. You won't like what you find.


My Thoughts : 

Samantha doesn't remember anything about the 4 days she and her best friend were missing. In fact she doesn't remember anything at all!! She doesn't know her name nor where she lives. She is told that Cassie is still missing but no matter how hard she tries to remember, she cant. Strangers turn up at the hospital saying they are her parents but she doesn't recognise them. What happened to her and why? 

One good thing for Sam though is that as she learns what she was like before, she doesn't like what she hears and now has a chance to change. She was a total b**ch before and cant believe how bad she was. She has a second chance at life and tries to grab it but with Cassie missing she cant seem to let it go. As flashes come to her she starts finding notes left for her warning her "Dont look back. You wont like what you find" Who is leaving the notes and is she in danger if her memories are coming back?

This is my first Jennifer L Armentrout book and it definitely wont be my last!! Her style of writing just about blew me away. She packed so much into the book without it being too much. 

Samantha was your typical mean little rich girl before the accident. She was spoiled, nasty to everyone and an overall horrible person. When she is found with no memories I loved seeing her real character emerge. She cringed everytime she was told what she was like before and to her, her so called friends are worse. She cant figure out why she was such good friends with Cassie because it seems like both of them were always fighting. I loved the idea that she could start over and this time do it right. I also loved her struggle trying to remember. We are left trying to figure out if Sam is sane or not and if what she is seeing really happened. 

My favourite character was Carson. With all her other friends acting weird, and her so called boyfriend acting weirder Sam doesn't have anyone to rely on. That is until Carson. They were best friends growing up but once Sam met Cassie all that changed. He went from being her best friend to being the son of the hired help. She gave him such a hard time as the Sam of before!! He was weary at first that Sam was putting the act on but as he realises that she actually cant remember he is there for her fully. He was so sweet and kind and he captured a piece of my heart!! 

I loved everything about this book! From the very first page I was completely hooked. While I had some things figured out the author still managed to throw a few curve balls that would leave you speechless. This was an absolute rollercoaster and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens! The mystery and suspense was breathtaking and the whole way through you never know whats going to happen. I thought at times I had the bad guy figured out, I had the main suspect right, but with the way the author told the story I was constantly second guessing myself. 

With amazing characters and an intriguing plot, Dont Look Back was a fantastic, action packed, edge of your seat, breathtaking mystery and Id highly recommend. You will not be sorry!! I think this is one of my favourite reads this year and I will definitely check out more from Jennifer L Armentrout. 




10 comments:

  1. This was your first JLA book!!!!!!???????

    I really wanted this one but didn't get it. I should probably try rectifying that, I guess, as it sounds totally different to her other books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!!! Lol. This one was freaking awesome. I absolutely loved it. You should definitely read it.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe this is your first JLA book. NATALIE!! Read the Covenant books!!! Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed it. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I know!! I have the Covenant ones and seriously need to start them soon. I think i was just afraid of the hype of her books so was hesitant to start! I loved her style though so I'm definitely going to read more by her!!! x

      Delete
  3. The only book I've read by her is Obsidian and really enjoyed it. This one sounds great though! Like you, I'm affraid of the hype of her books.

    The "mean little rich girl" thing scares me a little bit...I hate that in books. Hopefully is not a big part of the story.

    Love your review :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana. I was hesitant to read her but Im so glad I did!!! I loved this. The Mean Little Rich girl isnt a big part of the story. The MC was like that before she lost her memory but changed.

      Delete
  4. I didn't recognize the cover! I haven't read anything by this author yet but I keep hearing about her work. I guess I'll have to try one too. So glad you loved this book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Alyn. Thats the UK cover. You would probably recognise the US one! I loved this and you should definitely check it out :)

      Delete
  5. Anything by JLA is a good first book. She has this ability to write incredibly readable books. :D
    I'm a bit burned out (read too many of her works until they started to blend together) but this one is seriously tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so glad this was my first one. I loved it! Im going to bump some of her other books up the pile!!

      Delete