Tuesday 20 January 2015

White Knight by Kelly Meade Review!


20741185Title : White Knight
Author : Kelly Meade
Published : January 20th 2015
Publisher : Intermix
Source : Netgalley
Purchase : Amazon / iTunes

Kelly Meade, author of Grey Bishop and Black Rook, continues her Cornerstone Run saga…

Checkmate…

Despite a month of peace from hybrid attacks, the constant threat of violence has the loup garou on edge. Knight McQueen’s home feels like a military compound and his people have become battle-weary soldiers. And Knight’s tenuous grip on his own self-control has been further damaged by the disappearance of the only woman whose touch brings him peace.

Held prisoner by her hybrid half-sisters and forced to care for an unknown child, Shay Butler’s quarterly is approaching but a silver-laced collar prevents her from shifting. As her time draws closer, her sanity begins to slip.

The opportunity to rescue Shay arrives when Magus enemy Archimedes Atwood requests a parley to discuss ways to end the conflict between their people and stop the rogue hybrids. Alpha Bishop McQueen agrees, bringing his brothers together to form a plan that will bring Shay home to Knight, stop the final two hybrids—and finally bring Archimedes to justice once and for all…

My Thoughts : 

I love this series and have been very impatiently awaiting White Knight, so dived right in when I got a copy. I finished it a few days ago and still don't know what to say. My heart and emotions were taken to the brink!! 

I'm not going to say too much about the plot because I know I would spoil it but I will say that's it's a heartbreaking and dangerous round for the Cornerstone gang. There's death, destruction, betrayal and some happiness thrown together to make a magnificent read. 

During the first two books, I loved Knight and my heart broke for him when what happened happened, so when he met Shay, I was thrilled. Poor Shay was kidnapped at the end of book 2 and my heart shattered for both. Now a month is past and poor Shay is locked up, starved, kept from shifting and on the brink of loosing her mind. Knight is bottling everything up and is frantic with worry for hay. Along with all that, the treat from the rogues is still there and Knight has to deal with the emotional well being of his pack. How can he keep sane and find his mate?

This isn't just Knights story, it's Shays as well. Both of them have had so much happen to them and Kelly Meade isn't afraid to put her characters through the ringer. I love both these characters but Shay is so kick ass in this and really grabs her Black Wolf status. Her strength and heart really shine through in this book and again, my heart broke for her at a certain part. 

Knight is hanging by a thread emotionally and after the forced shift he is carrying some inner darkness in him. He has always struggled with the emotions of others but now more than every it's overwhelming him. How can he help his run when he cant get passed his own trauma? 

Anyway, White Knight is an emotional and thrilling read. While I'm truly sad to see the end of this series, I am happy with the ending. The author wrapped up everything nicely and even threw in some surprising twists!! Kelly Meade is one heck of a story teller and I truly hope more people will read this series. I hope one day we may get to revisit the Cornerstone Run but either way, I know I will read this series again and again. Highly recommend!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment