Friday 6 October 2017

Audiobook Review: Kurtain Motel by A.I. Nasser!


    Kurtain Motel Audiobook
  • Written by: A.I. Nasser
  • Narrated by: Thom Bowers
  • Length: 5 hrs and 58 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release Date:04-11-17
  • Publisher: ScareStreet.com
  • "Confess!"Patrick Lahm is down on his luck. Late for his book signing, out of gas, and stuck in a storm. He hitches a ride to the Kurtain Motel, where he is forced to spend the night. The small motel seems harmless enough at first, but as the night drags on, Patrick and the other guests slowly begin to realize there is a lot more to their temporary lodging than meets the eye.Something evil is at work at the Kurtain Motel; something that creeps into the deepest, darkest corners of your mind and tugs at the chords of sanity until they finally break. On the longest night of his life, Patrick soon finds out that there is a reason why skeletons are kept in closets. He realizes that your sins always find a way to catch up with you, no matter how hard you try to run.Welcome to the Kurtain Motel, where all your nightmares come true.

My Thoughts:

Patrick Lahm is on his way to a book signing when he has some car trouble. Through the storm he makes out lights coming towards him. A priest pulls up and Patrick gets a lift to the nearest town, but the storm is worsening and they decide to stop at the Kurtain Motel for the night. This turns out to be a massive mistake and the night seems never ending.

So I quite enjoyed this. While there are a few minor issues, overall it was thoroughly enjoyable. Plot wise, I was intrigued and interested in the whole plot. The setting of the motel was perfect because a creepy motel in a storm will always give you shivers!! Then we have the whole "confess" bit! That was initially confusing but once the story got going I was able to figure somethings out. I also loved the fact that everyone seems to have their own secrets.

One problem for me was the sheer number of characters. I found myself a little lost on who was talking at any given time, but it did eventually click for me and I was able to distinguish each one and kinda figure out what their secrets were. I really liked Patrick and am intrigued to find out what his secret is ;)

The minor issues for me were the fact that some of the characters weren't as developed as I would have liked. Also, when the boy came into the story, I thought, from the description, that he was really young, but near the end we find out his age. It just didn't add up! But as I said, these are minor issues and didn't detract from the creepiness of the story!!

Thom Bowers does a great job of capturing the atmosphere and bringing the book alive, I just found that he didn't differentiate some of the male characters enough. It took me a while to figure out which character was which. But he does read this well and is clear and concise, so in all, I did enjoy his performance.

I was voluntarily provided this audiobook for free from the author, narrator, or publisher. This in no way affected nor influenced my thoughts.

Story: 

Narration: 

No comments:

Post a Comment